DMU is proud to be recognised as a university ranked Gold under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The award is a recognition of the consistently outstanding teaching and learning on offer at DMU and the extraordinary impact that it has on our students.
The TEF is a Government initiative to recognise excellence in learning and teaching. For the first time, a Government-backed guide rewards and recognises the enormous value that universities can bring to the lives of their students through excellent teaching, outstanding experiences and great employment opportunities. Read our TEF news story detailing the full announcement.
The TEF Panel judged that “De Montfort University delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
The TEF panel highlighted the following factors in this award:
- the way employability is embedded in the curriculum in every faculty
- the significant contribution DMU Square Mile makes to the social and economic development of Leicester
- the way that real-world research feeds into students’ learning
- the support for students throughout their time at DMU
- the outstanding personalised provision for all our students
- the outstanding student support on offer
- the excellent physical and digital resources that enhance learning, retention and employability
- a culture that encourages, recognises and rewards excellent teaching
Read our TEF frequently asked questions.